Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Doll Slumber Party and Comments on Comparing Doll Clothes: Who can wear what ?


I decided to set the dolls up for a really cute slumber party.  Mainly because i have a lot of lounge clothing and pajamas and lingerie for them and I love to dress them up in those type of things.  I also have the Monster High Abby Abdominable Ice bed and love it.  


Group photo.  Two barbies, Dal in the middle.  Draculara and Ghoulia and my new Jenny Takara doll is front and center. I got Jenny on ebay and I think I am going to have to dedicate an entire post to her, because she is totally cute.  Also, I have had an issue fitting clothes on her and want to devote more time for that concerning Jenny specifically.


Dal and Draculara, They are really crazy about each other. Draculara is wearing Ghoulia's pajamas.. really cute.  I love the pajamas that came with the dead tired Monster High Dolls and I really want to get one. Side note, they fit the Ever after high dolls okay too, which is nice because not all of the Monster High Clothes are interchangeable with the Ever After dolls.


Barbie and Dal.  This Barbie is so random, I just picked a couple up on ebay with other lots and auction sets.  She is wearing the ultra cute lingerie gown and eating a banana split (made by me out of clay)


This is a better view of Jenny.  These are the clothes she came in , black pants, red tank and she also had some goggles and a red zip front vest.  I got her used so I have no idea if these are her original clothes.  She has pink hair which I really liked and the pink haired Jenny dolls are hard to find.


Jenny is wearing Dal's tweety shirt.  All of Dal's clothes will not fit her (the skirt is way too tight to go over Jenny's hips), but this shirt fits okay.  Jenny is also wearing a Bratzillaz skirt/cape as a skirt.  I don't think most Bratz and Bratzillaz things will fit, but I think this one does mainly because of the width of the skirt.

Dal next to Jenny, wow she looks huge ! Dal is wearing a vintage (1980s/1990s) skipper shirt from my childhood collection.  Really cute, obviously most skipper clothes are a bit big on her, but it looks cute anyways.  She is wearing a pair of barbie underwear, which amazingly actually fits okay, but it looks kind of like a little short on her.

Close up photo ..  I love those as shorts on her actually.  I got the stockings and a few other things from giraffedolls on etsy : https://www.etsy.com/shop/giraffedolls .  I love this shop, the items are from Poland so they took awhile to ship, but the prices are great and the stuff is so cute.  I love these stockings on her, they look like sheer leggings under a longer shirt, because they are so tall.




Another group photo, Monster High Clawdeen Wolf and a Mermaid Masquerade bratz doll are in the front there.   I have Barbie pajamas on Clawdeen and the fit is okay, a little large but they are really stretchy which helps them stay up.  I put a teen skipper tea and Monster High pants on the Bratz doll... decent fit.  Some skipper clothes I think will be too large on Bratz dolls, but depending on the item they can wear the shirts usually.  The teen skipper pants that came with the shirt are way too long, they are also longer than the pants the normal skipper wore though.  I think some skipper skirts would fit Bratz and possibly monster high too.


Close up on Jenny.  She is wearing a barbie dress here and the fit is okay, but most barbie tops are too big on her, especially things that are especially strappy. Really pleased with the fit on this dress, even though it is a bit large it won't fall down or fall off.  I think she can wear some barbie tops , especially if they are longer sleeves.


Another view, Ghoulia is wearing a barbie tee and it works, once again Barbie tees with sleeves and very stretchy pants may work on Dal or Monster high, but a strappy top will fall off.


Lagoona and another Ghoulia are playing dress up as mermaids. I think this is a Disney Little Mermaid Barbie Tail on Ghoulia. Fit is decent, she is wearing a monster high dress under it.  Lagoona is wearing a Monster High Bathing Suit and a Bratz Mermaid skirt.  Most of the Bratz clothes will fit Monster high, but some may be too big, especially strappy tops.


Photo of Madeline Hatter. She is wearing Monster High Shoes and Skirt.  Her Hoodie is actually a Dal hoodie from the same shop on etsy: Giraffedolls.  It was a bit hard to stretch the hood over Dal's head, but it works perfectly on Madeline..I think I love it more on her, so if you are in the market for Ever After High clothes, some of the stretchy Dal things may work.. but they must be stretchy !


This Ghoulia is wearing a Moxie Doll Alice and Wonderland all in one dress/leggings combo,  I think it is shorter on her than on Moxie Doll Avery as Alice in Wonderland, but I love it on her.

Dal has changed into a dress I ordered for her from the Giraffedolls shop on etsy.  This dress is not nearly as stretchy as the hoodie and will barely fit on Dal, would not fit on Madeline Hatter or any of my other Dals.  Some of the more fitted Dal clothes like this dress will not work on anyone else.

I found these shoes for Dal.  Not sure what brand, but I think they may be made for skipper. A little loose, but fit really well. 


Moxie and Bratz dolls. Boy is wearing his own clothes.  Moxie Avery as Alice in Wonderland is wearing a Bratz top and a monster high skirt.


Some portraits.  I ordered a Bratzillas outfit for the dolls to wear. Ghoulia looks fantastic in it, Perfect fit !  It also came with a hat, but there is nothing to keep it on so I left it off.


Another Ghoulia, she changed out of her mermaid tail.  Wearing a Monster High Dress and Ever After High Madeline's shoes.  She is wearing the second pair of stockings I ordered from giraffedoll on etsy.  I love these stockings on Monster High and Dal.


Cleo is wearing all Monster High stuff except she is wearing Jenny's goggles on her head.  Ha, they look cute on her though.


Draculara is wearing Dal\s tweety skirt and red top and Bratzillas\ boots.  These boots are stretchy and slit up the back so easy to get on and I think they would fit mostly any of the dolls.  Draculara is sitting on the Ever After High Madeline Hatter bench from her Tea Party set.  I love this bench, the only doll I have had trouble getting to stay on it is Dal (maybe because of her large head making her a bit top heavy ?) and it doubles as storage.


Close up , because Draculara is adorable. Dal's top is a bit loose, but the skirt fits really well. Thanks for looking and stay tuned for a more comprehensive look at how different clothes fit Takara Jenny.  I have not had her long and I am still looking for more clothes for her and trying out different things for fit.  I wanted her, because of the pink hair, but I was not nuts about the vest that came with her outfit... so really wanting to find something new for her to wear !  I also ordered some new accessories on ebay so look for more reviews coming up soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment